Managed Backup and Continuity
No matter what the nature of your business is your data is critical. It is the lifeblood of your organisation. It is invaluable, irreplaceable and constantly changing. You cannot afford to lose your data. And yet less than 40% of small businesses properly and regularly backup their data.
The cost of data loss can be crippling to a business and 43% of businesses suffering a loss never re-open. A further 51% fail within two years.
Our state of the art Business Continuity Solution (BCS) provides you with complete peace of mind that your data is always protected and that your IT systems can be recovered with minimal downtime so that your business can continue to function in the event of a disaster.
It's all about Recovery...
The message preached to businesses is that data must be backed up but this is only part of the requirement for a Business Continuity Solution. It is the recovery of systems and data that is critical. It is not sufficient to be able to recover a deleted or corrupted file, businesses need to have their whole infrastructure operational as quickly as possible when disaster strikes, whether it is a failed server or the loss of an entire site. Our BCS backs up the entire hard drive(s) of a server allowing a failed server to be recovered in minutes, not hours, and if the entire site is lost, services can be restored in under 24 hours. Furthermore, with backups taken up to as often as every 15 minutes businesses no longer have to face losing up to a day's worth of data.
Onsite and Offsite
Our BCS appliance is installed at your premises so files and systems can be restored instantly without having to retrieve data from an external location. Snapshots taken through the day are collapsed into a single daily image which is then copied to multiple remote storage facilities. All data is encrypted as it is backed up ensuring it is not accessible to anyone not holding the encryption key, either on the appliance or the remote storage facility. Many offsite backup solutions rely on the internet to transfer recovery data back to the business which can take weeks or even months. If the BCS appliance is lost a new one can be shipped overnight with all your data, even multiple terabytes.
Virtualisation and Bare Metal Recovery
Our BCS appliance allows us to virtualise a failed server, or even multiple servers, in minutes, meaning you can be up and running with minimal downtime instead of having to wait for a repair or replacement server. In the event of a server having to be replaced the backup can be restored to completely different hardware if necessary, making sourcing a replacement far easier and far quicker.
Peace of mind
We monitor the BCS appliance 24/7 and will be alerted to any backup or appliance failures immediately, allowing us to remedy issues before they impact on your data protection. We also perform a detailed check every day that all backups have run correctly. Furthermore, whilst many solution providers perform an annual or even quarterly test restoration of the data, we perform not only a test restoration every month but also virtualise and test the services of every server on a monthly basis. This gives you total peace of mind that if disaster strikes you can completely rely on your Business Continuity Solution.
Features and Benefits
- Backup data as often as every 15m. With multiple snapshots taken through the day data loss is minimised.
- Backup open documents without interruption. Open files and databases are backed up ensuring complete data protection.
- Restore corrupt or deleted files instantly. All backups are stored both onsite and offsite so data can be retrieved instantly.
- Restore single emails or entire mailboxes. Lost emails can be searched for and restored with ease.
- Virtualise failed servers in minutes. Onsite virtualisation allows businesses to continue running even with a completely failed server.
- Eliminate tape. With no tapes to manage the cost and time associated with traditional backups is avoided.
- Encrypt and store all data offsite. Data is encrypted and stored offsite ensuring it is secure and available in the event of disaster such as fire, flood or theft.
- Confidence that if a disaster occurs you're covered. A fully monitored and managed service with monthly test restores and virtualisations to ensure you can rely on it to keep your business going.